Friday, June 28, 2013

Doll Dresses//Sewing

I finally finished the doll dresses! It took a bit longer than I thought, but they turned out really cute, so it was worth it. Keep an eye out for a summer photoshoot soon!

I took me the longest to sew up the tops. Making the 'sleeveless' part of the dress is harder than it looks!

(Sorry about the blurry pictures! I was up late finishing them.)

 
The skirts were so much easier to do. I cut out three panels, but stitched up the back of the skirts. The buttons went on the tops.

 
Putting it all together!

 
Making the buttonholes...

 
...and adding the buttons.

 
Done!!

 
What do you think? Do you have any favorite outfits that you've sewn?

 
I might add just a few more finishing touches to both of the dresses. Then its on to the photoshoot!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, Chinyere! Sewing doll clothing is much more challenging because everything is so small for details. I love how you match your fabrics to your doll's personalities.
    You are very clever and talented!
    <3 Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These were probably the most complicated doll clothes that I've made, but it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete