Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Doll Dresses//Patterns

Remember the summer outfits that I posted about before? Well, I finally began cutting out the patterns! I decided to start with the dresses, because they'll need them for the hot summer days ahead!

Laying out the pattern.

 
And tracing it.
I always trace my patterns so that I don't have to cut them up. I use freezer paper to trace them, because it's easy to trace and cut. I've also heard that you can lightly iron the paper onto the fabric to hold it in place instead of pinning it, but I've never tried. Have you? If you have, let me know how it worked!

 
Measuring,

 
measuring!

 
Robin was so willing to help! It's always lots of fun when your model wants to help. :)

 
Pinning...

 
...and cutting.

 
I found these buttons for the back of the dresses. What do you think? I think that they match perfectly!

 
Done!

 
Now they're all ready to be sewn! In a few more days, both Marissa and Robin will have new dresses for the summer.
What about you? Do you like to sew? or maybe you like a different type of craft. Whatever it is, we'd love to hear about it!

Happy summer crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment