Monday, March 11, 2013

Remade Headband

I was going through a drawer full of craft things yesterday, and realized that I had a headband that needed remaking. It had been one of my favorites, but there was paint on it that I couldn't get off. So I took off the old fabric, put on some new fabric, and remade my headband!

 
I used an old wide-band headband, white cloth from an old t-shirt, and a bit of the hook Velcro.

 
I cut the cloth to fit the headband, and made the ends a little longer.

 
Then I used a hot-glue gun to glue it on, folding up the ends so that they wouldn't show when I wear it,

 
then trimmed the extra fabric and did a bit more gluing.

 
The Velcro was glued to the side, and it was finished!

 
The only thing left to do was to make some decorations for it. I already had these ones, but I'm ready to make some more! Felt works well because it will stick to the Velcro. But it you wanted to use something else, then just put a bit of the fuzzy Velcro on your piece, and stick it on!

 
Have you made anything old into something new? What was your favorite thing about it? Leave a comment and let us know!


I had fun making the headband, and can't wait to make more decorations for it!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I better start going through my piles of stuff to see what I can reuse...

    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There's always something that needs remaking. :)

      Delete